Monday, January 15, 2007

mrs. demitri martin.

dear demitri,

i saw you tonight on comedy central and, i know it’s sudden and we’ve only just been introduced but, will you marry me?


i'd been seeing promos for your special all weekend long, and you seemed clever enough - but only after i saw you in action could i fully appreciate how funny you really are. and then it happened. you made a joke about farts. and i laughed at it. i laughed at a joke about farts. this may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is - you see, i don't laugh at jokes about farts. i just don't. never have. so the fact that you got me to laugh at a joke about farts, well...it's enough to make me believe that you're the one.

you are so very odd. and adorable. and your hair - it's fabulous. and your name - so worldly. and you've got crazy harmonica skills. you got me to forget that i was exercising! i forgot about the pain in my side and my struggle for breath for nearly 25 minutes as i watched you compare a cd to a breast. impressive indeed, "either way, don't scratch it." and that joke about glitter being the herpes of craft supplies - an instant classic.

you just may be the love of my life.

1 comment:

prominentclavicles said...

hiLARious.
i cannot beLIEVE that you laughed at a fart joke. CANNOT.
it must be true love.