Tuesday, September 26, 2006

where i'd rather be.

today i am sick. runny nose, sore throat, fever, headache sick. i could feel it coming on yesterday. each passing minute left me feeling a little worse and by the end of the day i was miserable. so last night i loaded up on opc-3 and headed to bed early. still, i woke up this morning with the incredible urge to turn off the alarm, call in sick, and go back to bed.

instead i got up, took some more opc, took a very long, hot shower and headed to work. and now all i want to do is tell my boss i'm leaving early. i want to go home, put on my pajamas and fleece socks, get some blankets and my pillow and lay on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. i want to watch a wedding story and a baby story (even though i shouldn't be allowed to watch either). i want to drift into and out of sleep.

however, leaving early today is not an option. so instead i'll drink my echinacea immune support tea and my orange juice. i'll turn up my headphones and listen to radiohead. i'll sit at my desk with my dwindling box of kleenex and make the best of today.

but you can be be pretty sure of what i'm doing when i get home.

No comments: